Friday, June 3, 2011

A Complete Delight

Just saw this film and am in awe:

Read about it here.
I've only ever seen one other Woody Allen film and can only claim to have read one of the authors that appears as the main character steps back in time, but being a sucker for nostalgia, I have a great plan to read more. Which is all a bit ironic, of course, because as the film sweeps you away to past golden ages, it brings you back to the reality of the present and the truth that hope is stagnant when placed in the past. Because the past has passed. But I still want to roam the streets of Paris at night, running into Hemingway or Picasso... and then my mind skips to Funny Face and Audrey's fascination with that French philosopher. Oh nostalgia (and European cities)... I can only count on dreams to take me there. And on that note, I bid you bonne nuit.

En plein, avancé,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment