Friday, June 10, 2011

I'll Write What I Want

Prologue: Am nesting in our new apartment a block away from school (two blocks from the water!) to get some work done. Thought I didn't have internet last night, because I don't, but this morning discovered a generous linksys user with faster internet than the kind I pay for at home! I'll be riding this wave for a looong time. And there goes a sailboat (on the real water).

And now, the main event: The time has come for me to write the 15 page paper associated with this little class I've created, and I now have a complete understanding for where the term "crunch time" had it's origin. But after talking with my teacher, Chelle, on Monday about my struggles and the war that rages in myself between head and heart, as well as hitting a handful of roadblocks while trying to write with a more practical traditional slant, I've reoriented myself. Here is my formula:

I'm going to write from here:

A place of comfort.
photo from here

And write about this:

Pure loveliness and delight.
photo from here
And feel like this while doing it:

So good and utterly satisfying.
photo from here
Quite the rigid formula, I know. But I think it will do just the trick! After all this dreaming, may the struggle begin (I'll be referring back to this post for inspiration).

Definitely in Progress,
Lacy




No comments:

Post a Comment