Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Farewell

I thought Meredith would be hard until I realized this was happening. Even before I had time to watch the Today Show in the morning, I was always watching Oprah after school at 4pm. What are NBCs around the nation going to do at 4pm tomorrow? What am I going to do at 4pm tomorrow? Well, actually, I'll be working, like most every, but the point is, if I were home, as I dream of being most days around 4pm, I wouldn't be watching Oprah.

I hate endings. I think goodbyes are awkward. But I am a sucker for nostalgia, and love to end well and beautifully, if indeed it must happen. Today, Oprah did just that. With no guests, no surprises--just the presence of her audience--she shared her life lessons and wisdom gained over the past 25 years along with her gratitude for her committed viewers. And she spent a good chunk of that time talking about God and faithfulness and tuning into God's presence in life. Oh, Oprah, you had me at hello.

Photo from here.

Yet now it's time to say goodbye. And after refusing to say goodbye and said rather "be seeing you," these her final words: To God be the glory. Amen, Oprah. Amen.

In Progress,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment