Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baked Spaghetti, Pantry Style

Today I had a hankering to make baked spaghetti. I'd been craving Italian and I  had some pasta sauce that I needed to use up, but I didn't want the same old same old. So I found a recipe from 'ole faithful Martha Stewart for this:
Find it here.
But I didn't really follow the recipe. I sort of made it up according to what I had. It's really fun when you feel confident enough to do that... or foolish enough. Depends on the outcome, I suppose.

Here is my personal Martha Stewart-ish Pantry Baked Spaghetti Recipe:
Ingredients:
1/2 jar marinara sauce
handful or so of capellini
1 chicken breast, shredded
a few handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese
5-6 basil leaves, torn (from my own plant!)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Salt water for pasta and bring to a boil. Cook pasta for 5 minutes (won't be fully cooked). Cook chicken in microwave while cooking pasta (yes, I do admit to doing that). Shred chicken with fork.
3. After 5 minutes strain pasta and combine back in pot with sauce, basil, chicken breast, and a handful of cheese.
4. Place mixture in 8x8 casserole dish. Or 9x9, if that's it.
5. Cover the top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is slightly golden.

Buon Appetito!

In Progress,
Lacy

1 comment:

  1. And, I must say, it was quite delicious. :) Yay Lacy!

    ReplyDelete