Monday, May 23, 2011

Every Monday.

Every Monday I ride the bus for 1 1/2 hours to get to therapy. And then afterwards I reward myself with coffee (sometimes cider or tea if I've already had my fill). Every Monday I head from therapy to work at Mars Hill Graduate School. And every Monday, as I walk to Westlake Center to take the bus or the light rail home, I stop in at Pike Place Market, my absolute favorite thing in Seattle, and buy a flower.

Photo from here.
At least there is one benefit to the cool springtime weather that lingers on here in Seattle even though it's almost June: we've had spring flowers for nearly four months straight (local!). I mean literally, there are still daffodils and tulips blooming in the ground, and the crocuses dared to show their face in January! And so I simply must indulge. We'll call it engaging in Pacific Northwest Culture. I try to get a new variety each week. There are so many unique kinds that I've never seen before! My favorites thus far are a peachy daffodil that is layered and looks like God was throwing a party with confetti, and a tulip that is so full it looks like a peony. But this week, I really stepped out on a limb and got an Iris. Sometimes a little change appropriate; don't want to get too spoiled with the tulips after all. 

One lovely springtime stem is just $1, and with complete and utter joy being such a bargain, I think I'll be making this a routine until the very day I leave Seattle.

In Progress,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment