Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On Forgetfulness (or Tuesday, May 10, 2011)

Today is Wednesday. Yesterday was Tuesday. I went to sleep at the beautiful hour of 9pm and simply forgot to blog. It was that realization that got me out of bed today in fact. Because I hate forgetting things. Especially when I'm doing so well. And by "hate," I mean that I take it out on myself when I forget things. And then the truth is that I'd rather lie to myself--cover it up as soon as possible, forget it ever happened--or lie to you, trying to date my entry on Tuesday. I know, it didn't work. I don't know enough code for that. And I guess I'm already confessing to you anyway. The cat's out of the bag.

It's just a blog! you're thinking. Yep, it is (though the school part does add a twist). The more and more I am aware of this tendency, the more I realize that it is ingrained in me. It's hurtful toward myself, it's dishonest to myself and others... but the good thing is, because I am becoming more aware of this ancient tendency, I can pause, realize what's going on, breathe in, breathe out, shrug my shoulders, decide what needs to be done next, and move on.

So here it is: pause, in, out, shrug... 
Maybe go to a happy and peaceful place by imagining I'm here:

Santorini, Greece, 2008
...and move on. Whoops! It seems I forgot to blog yesterday. Ah, well, c'est la vie. A good lesson, though, in what keeps me ticking (or breaks my clock) everyday. See you later on today... maybe :)

Definitely in progress,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment