Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birthdays

Delicious photo of delicious cupcake from here.

Birthdays. We all have them. And we all deserve for them to be the best of our lives. Then again, we all deserve for each day to be the best of our lives, but it's far more easier to prioritize one day out of the year. Today, that day belongs to two important people in my life: my roommate, Katie Jensen, and my mom. It's easy for me to make my own day special, but as the birthdays come to pass of people that are close to me, I've begun to wonder, I can I help them really feel like this is their day? I know that special feeling I have when it's my birthday--it's the same one I had when I was five. Can I feel that same excitement for someone else too? I hope so. And I hope that I can make these people feel special. Because they are special. And I am happy they were born.

And I guess that is really what celebrating birthdays is all about, isn't it?

In Progress,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment