Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On Mornings

Every morning, well, most mornings, though not tomorrow morning... Oftentimes, I get up at 6am. Now when it was dark until well past 7am in the Seattle winter it was miserable, but now the sun is high and shining, as much as is possible in the Pacific Northwest, well before 6. Before I had more of an agenda as well, so the waking up when it's pitch black plus a to do list made my mornings less than satisfying. They were meant to be a restful day to start the day, and all I was really doing was missing out on some rest.

But now, they are my absolute favorite. Maybe it's because of the sun, maybe it's because my body is waking up even slightly earlier than six so I can lay in bed for a bit rather than jumping up to turn off the alarm, or maybe it's because I've nixed the agenda. I'm pretty sure it's all of those things. So this is now what my mornings look like, between the hours of 6 and 7, with the press of a snooze button here and there, and the option to do whatever I might like, which somedays is to simply sit and sip, just like this:


I hope you find time for delight in your mornings.

In Progress,
Lacy

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little behind on blog reading. This post is especially great because I got up extra early this morning to sit and sip, as you say. Lovely thought.

    ReplyDelete