Saturday, May 14, 2011

Climb Every Mountain

Or at least something similar, and I'm limiting that to the general Seattle vicinity and to hikes that do not require an ice pick. Yes, today we embarked on a tried and true adventure, and what I am hoping will be the first of many: the hike. I don't even know the name of the mountain we hiked--tiger something? But I know that it was close, and I know that it was lush, and I know that there was barely a cloud in the sky, so I'm not even sure we were actually in the Pacific Northwest.

Tall, tall trees.
There are snow capped mountains everywhere you turn in the Seattle area.
When there are no clouds, that is.
We made it! Apparently we climbed West Tiger #3.
The contrast between the downtown of my everyday and the wilderness that I can encounter within the same transit time astounds me. It really does seem like two different worlds. And maybe because it is. And in the same way nature draws me back from the city to what is true and authentic, I am feeling a tug in me as well. As I round out my first year at Mars Hill Graduate School/The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology etc., I feel the tug to return to my intention, and as I move closer I'm filled with life again.

These two also brought me life today on my journey:

Bri (old) and Alyssa (new). And me in the middle.


Two of my five roommates. One new, one old. Silver and gold indeed.

In Progress,
Lacy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lacy,
    You have a very interesting blog idea. I'm a blog junkie, and have enjoyed reading through yours. Keep on!
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mari! I'm excited you found it.

    ReplyDelete