Monday, May 9, 2011

Goodbye, Meredith: A Loving Tribute

Every day I watch the most relevant show on morning television (minus the season of lent, where I consequently know no news whatsoever):
We're number 1!
It was a mere five years ago that I lost a daily presence in my life to the CBS Evening News:
She apparently moved on to a tap gig once primetime television began.
I remember her last day, sometime at the end of May in 2006. I had spent 9 hours in the Cincinnati airport with Andrew Magana in hopes of catching a Delta flight to Paris. Luckily, there was a television, and they knew where to get their news.

In the news today however, I lost another daily presence in my life: Meredith Vieira. I was so hesitant to welcome her into my daily routine, and right when she really starts feeling like a regular, she has to leave me. Meredith has brought so much to morning television:
Revealing interviews.
Compelling investigations.
Risking her health to bring you the morning news. That water is frigid.
But alas, I am told that I must say goodbye to my daily friend (let's be honest, I see her more than you). Here's to you, Meredith Vieira, and to one final month of you, me, a great start to the day, and the best news my antenna can deliver. Anne Curry, you'll be seeing more of me starting June.

In Progress,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment