Friday, May 27, 2011

Space: To Explore and to Breathe

Starting tomorrow morning at 10am I'll be spending 48 hours here:

St. Placid Priory
St. Placid Priory is a Benedictine Monastery (of women) about an hour south in Lacey, Washington. You bet you read that right. So it feels providential that I always find myself heading there when the world around me feels jumbled and I need to locate myself again (okay, this is only my second time, but still...). This trip serves as a time to both get my head wrapped around this term and to rest, but also to get some hands on practice with a group of women that have committed their lives to living out the daily practices of St. Benedict's rule in order to live more closely to Christ.

I don't exactly know how the weekend will go, but I do know that when I think about it it feels like space--space that I'm ready to enter into with steady intention. And a healthy dose of some self care too.

Since Benedict didn't know about the internet, I'll be seeing you in two days time,
In Progress,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment